Getting Started: Action Steps
So far I have talked a lot about concepts and given you the links that you can take action with (with no solid direction) as well as reviewed a couple of tools that will be a great asset to you. Now that we have centered everything where it needs to be, I want to give you some direction and lay out simple action steps that you can take to start earning money. That way we can bring it all together.
There are only a few required components to get started and anyone can earn extra income, or replace it, through becoming a successful affiliate marketer. The costs of setting this up is very low, it can be free to start, but I suggest to purchase a few things:
A domain name (usually less than $3-$25 a year) and a membership with wealthy affiliate ($19 for the 1st month and $47/mo thereafter, they have a free version but it has some limits). If you use Wealthy Affiliate for free don’t buy a domain name as their free hosting won’t support it. I would also suggest taking part of the Strongbrook Experience ($199 one-time) and take part of their mentoring network (they have a free version but I suggest the $99/month membership). All those are things I pay for and use in my businesses and they have been invaluable in my growth.
So the Grand Total Startup Cost (free if needed or highly kick start your success for $221 your 1st month $146 per month following that). Once you have the feel of affiliate marketing you really only need to spend a couple of hours a day on the web to earn commissions but remember it is predicated upon you adding value to others and giving time for the law of gestation. It generally takes some 3 months or so for money to start trickling in and 6 months to a year for a full income to emerge. More time committed to it will speed things along.
- Sign up for Wealthy Affiliate. This will mentor you on how to building a cash-flowing website.
- Follow Your Passion (pick a niche). Remember that success isn’t the key to happiness, it is the other way around. As you follow Wealthy Affiliate (W.A.) they will tell you to pick something you are passionate about as you will spend much time focusing on this topic. While any niche can earn you money, as a side note check out Setting Yourself Up For Success In Affiliate Marketing and keep in mind the top 3 money makers usually fall within these three categories:
- Money (e.g. something under Real Estate, investing, start and grow an online business, etc.)
- Health (e.g. something under nutrition, dieting, stress management, etc.)
- Relationships (e.g. something under dating for men, dating for women, getting your ex back, etc.)